Sample project/resources for GCC/Linux

RobBrownNZ

21 Aug 2018, 08:46

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I can't seem to start a new thread myself (I'm a new user, presumably this forum has some probationary limits).

I would very much like to see open-source support for Nuvoton MCUs, because they have some interesting (to me) features like providing the AVref pin even in low-pin-count MCUs. I personally don't believe that IAR and Keil provide enough value over the open-source tools to justify their high prices, and so I will never buy them and I tend not to use MCUs which require them to be used.

The number one request I would make, is for Nuvoton to publish the Nu-Link USB protocol. With that, the open-source community (people like me!) can add first-rate support to the openocd programming/debugging solution. This is used in many ARM development tooling solutions (based on eclipse, Qt Creator, Code::Blocks and other IDEs). Personally I'd also like to see better support for Nuvoton in Rowley Crossworks for ARM, which I've bought (they have a $200 not-for-profit license).

Most other developer tooling like initialisation code, special function register header files, sample projects etc can be pretty simply ported from the Keil/IAR versions.

So, could you please consider publishing the Nu-Link USB protocol? If it's already available, could you please give me a link to it and accept my apologies for not managing to find it myself!

Thanks.

mark

22 Dec 2018, 17:10

could not agree more. I do all my development work on Linux (especially embedded C). I plan to start working on the N76E003 but I need a good flash programmer.

Reidisse

02 Feb 2019, 20:34

I'm trying to compile my programs unsing the SDL library for another plateforms than Windows, like Android or iOS.

I set up the search directories for the "GNU GCC Compiler for Android" as previously, i. e. for the "GNU GCC Compiler", that got no problems.

When I try to rebuild the entire project, I get the following message :

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:ndk/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc.exe', but failed
Tried to run compiler executable 'C:ndk/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc.exe', but failed

I read it could be an error in the name or in the path, and I actually noticed there isn't any folder named "ndk" in "C:" folder. So I looked for but the files explorer found nothing.

I just re-installed c::b 17.12 with mingw the older version didn't included that compiler for Android, the older linking parameters had been kept. I didn't place it in the default folder "program file x86", perhaps should I ? In that case, why can I change the installation folder ?

Thanks for answer

PremsJed

06 Feb 2019, 12:40

Thanks for testing this, inspired me to bring up vcvrack on linux with es-8. Man vcvrack works really well on linux, and the es-8 connection was perfect. I had to cycle things a couple of times to get it not to hickup on the output of vcvrack but that has cleared up I think it works best in the 48khz sample rate. Now Im able to be at the 128 sample rate on vcv rack to es-8 without any issues

Reidisse

07 Feb 2019, 05:01

All the resources in the first post should no longer have conflicting names: One variant kept the name, the other got alternative postfixed to the name Test => Testalternative

Reidisse

07 Feb 2019, 14:47

Hi Sean
Thanks for the quick reply
I already have a I:temp folder and it still wont work giving kme the same error message

Any further suggestions?

Many Thanks
Paul

Reidisse

07 Feb 2019, 15:24

Hey...just bumping this up again, so it doesnt get lost. Anyone use these patterns and can tell me the sizes?

Julie

Reidisse

07 Feb 2019, 15:39

I think the size would be relative Julie. I know some folks actually size the pattens up and if you did that then the puppet would be bigger. Ive only used the Roly once on a project and then I only used the head pattern and not the body. If I had to guess the height would have been around 24" if I would have used the body.

Reidisse

07 Feb 2019, 16:04

It was specially registered at a forum to tell to you thanks for the help in this question.

Reidisse

07 Feb 2019, 16:09

So, should we be using an all sevens dice set or one of the dice sets in Bonetracker with the lowest SRR?

• Information